ESPID 2023 Sustainability Goal
Here are the ways we’re making this Meeting more eco-friendly:
Food & Catering:
- Offering a delicious meatless meal to reduce the carbon footprint
- Providing water fountains to encourage delegates to bring their own bottles and coffee cups or to get them from ESPID
- Saying “no thanks” to cutlery to minimise waste
- Donating leftover food to those in need to avoid food waste
Venue & Delegates:
- Going paperless by using an awesome app
- Offering multiple waste options for recycling and donations
- Ensuring that all signage and banners are made from recyclable materials or can be reused
SPECIAL NEW SESSION! “Towards zero waste: active participation”
Join us in the exhibition area on Wednesday, 10 May at 12:55-13:30
A multi-disciplinary creative entrepreneur building bridges at the intersection of tech, social, and regenerative innovation.
Ana Salcedo is a multi-disciplinary creative entrepreneur, who builds bridges at the intersection of tech, social, and regenerative innovation. With a Magna Cum Laude degree in International Management and Fashion Marketing from the American University in London, Ana kickstarted her activism as a European Delegate and Secretary-General in Portugal for the European Youth Parliament.
Ana holds a postgraduate degree in Creative Leadership from Rebundance, where she facilitates sessions on Dreaming Big, Visioning, and Storytelling. She also worked as a Behaviour Trends Designer at Box1824, where she identified emerging global movements and bridged strategic gaps between businesses and consumers.
In Portugal, Ana co-founded ManifestoModa, developing biofunctional clothing that offers effective, non-toxic protection against mosquito-borne diseases. Over the past 7 years, Ana has been actively involved in addressing the urgent and highly democratic theme of waste. She co-founded ZeroWasteLab, an NGO that brings together all those interested in discussing, designing, and piloting collaborative solutions towards zero-waste and a shared sense of elevated responsibility.
What can YOU do
Small actions can make a BIG impact:
- Bring a refillable water bottle and make sure to sort waste properly
- Use digital platforms to access program information and save paper
- Say no to single-use plastics
- Keep your waste with you and dispose of it properly later
- Consider alternative business cards like QR codes or e-cards
- Bring a reusable bag for your outings
- Remember, there’s no Planet B – let’s do our part to protect our planet!