Webcasted Industry Sessions
The sessions below were sponsored by Sanofi, GSK and Novavax during the ESPID 2023 Meeting and are intended for HCPs only.
They are not included in the main event CME/CPD credit.
This sponsored session will focus on raising awareness of the potential impact of invasive meningococcal disease (IMD) in young people and advances in preventative strategies. The distinguished faculty will provide expert perspectives on key challenges as well as discuss the most important unmet needs which still need to be addressed to reduce the burden of disease in children and adolescents, and the impact on their families.
Director of the Paediatric Emergency Service and Infectious Diseases Unit at Hospital Pediátrico, Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra in Coimbra, Portugal, and a professor at the University of Coimbra School of Medicine.
Prof. Ener Cagri Dinleyici
Professor of Paediatrics at the Eskişehir Osmangazi University Faculty of Medicine, Eskişehir, Turkey.
Survivor of meningococcal meningitis, and a member of CoMO (Confederation of Meningitis Organisations).
Academician and pediatrician in the fields of neonatology, pediatric neurology, infectology and pediatric intensive medicine in his role as chief physician at the Clinic for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine in Worms, Germany.
- Fernanda Rodrigues – Welcome and Introduction
- Video Presentation – Protecting our future – Impact and prevention of IMD in the young
- Ener Cagri Dinleyici – The changing epidemiology of IMD in the post-COVID era
- Markus Knuf – Expanding our armamentarium against IMD in children and adolescents
- Elena Moya – Improving awareness and IMD vaccination uptake in younger people – The role of the family and patient associations
- Live Q&A
RSV is a highly transmissible seasonal virus which can be responsible, in some cases, for unpredictable and potentially severe outcomes in infants. RSV is a frequent cause of respiratory disease, which can include bronchiolitis and/or pneumonia, in infants and is a leading cause of hospitalisations, most of which are in otherwise healthy infants born at term. Historically, a preventive option for the broad infant population has not been available, but newer strategies and approaches could potentially change the RSV disease prevention landscape. This expert-led, interactive symposium will provide an update on strategies and approaches for prevention of RSV disease and considerations for implementing national RSV prevention programmes.
- Octavio Ramilo – Symposium Welcome and Introductions
- Joanne Wildenbeest – Strategies and Considerations for Prevention of RSV Disease
Paolo Bonanni – Considerations for Implementation of an RSV Disease Prevention Programme
Octavio Ramilo – Panel Discussion, Q&A, Close
The goal of this Scientific Theatre session is to understand from expert pediatricians about the main challenges they are facing in their daily practice, including vaccine hesitancy, logistic constraints, interactions with parents, pandemic impact on pediatric vaccination coverage among others. During the event, a pre-recorded video-interview of pediatricians, sharing their best practices and insights related to pediatric vaccination hot topics, will be presented and moderated within an interactive session.
- Giacomo Casabona – Welcome and introduction
Hans Dornbusch – Learning from each other: Listen to your colleagues
- Alessandro Diana – Learning from each other: Listen to your colleagues
Philipp Schoof – Learning from each other: Listen to your colleagues
Irene Rivero Calle – Learning from each other: Listen to your colleagues
Giacomo Casabona – Q&A session, summary and closing
During the Scientific Symposium, a panel of world-renowned experts will discuss the issue of post-pandemic immunity debt, covering mechanism and consequences as well as the resurgence of vaccine-preventable diseases and recent outbreaks in pediatric populations.
Fernanda Rodrigues – Welcome and introduction
Federico Martinon-Torres – The long shadow of COVID-19: the resurgence of infectious diseases
Javier Díez-Domingo – What is ‘immunity debt’ and what are its impacts
Burkhard Lawrenz – Perspectives from a pediatrician – What’s going on in our clinical practice?
All Faculty – Roundtable discussion, Q&A session and conclusions
JOIN OUR EXPERTS PANEL in an engaging discussion about MenB vaccination! 2023 is a special momentum as we are celebrating 10 years after the first approval of Bexsero. The objective of this symposium is to share the rational for implementation of new recommendations & National Immunization Programs and to present the recent impacts of MenB vaccination. For that reason, we are inviting different speakers from several countries to share their experience through a discussion.
References: 1. Bexsero SmPC 2022. Available at: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/productinformation/ bexsero-epar-product-information_en.pdf 2. Thompson MJ et al. Clinical recognition of meningococcal disease in children and adolescents. Lancet;2006;3 67:397-403 3. WHO. Meningitis Factsheet. 2021;1-7. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/ factsheets/detail/meningitis. Last accessed: Feb 2023
Note that this recording is intended for HCPs only.
Isabel Esteves – Welcome and introduction
Rino Rappuoli – Clinical development of 4CMenB vaccine and the latest endogenous complement system to measure immunologically defined vaccine effectiveness against 110 strains
Federico Martinon-Torres – Journey from private to publicly funded vaccine MenB vaccination program
Isabel Esteves – Impact of MenB National immunization program in Portugal
Roman Chlíbek – Key pillars for adolescent MenB Vaccine recommendations and inclusion in the NIP
All Faculty – Discussion, Q&A Session
Isabel Esteves – Conclusions
- Present data from the nanoparticle, protein-based adjuvated vaccine of Novavax, discussing pediatric, adolescent, and adult study results, on COVID-19 and influenza prevention.
- Platform technology aspects, primary, homologous and heterologous booster data, immunogenicity, vaccine efficacy, duration of protection (persistence), variant specific data and safety will be discussed among others.
- Chiara Azzari – Novavax Vaccine Platform & Adult Data
- Federico Martinon-Torres – Historical Overview of Recombinant Protein Vaccine Technology Experience & Novavax Adolescent and Paediatric Data
- Chiara Azzari – COVID-FLU Novavax Co-Administration Data